Kirkham set for home round with Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kirkham set for home round with Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki head to Donington Park this weekend for the ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship. The iconic 2.87 mile Grand Prix circuit hosts Jon Kirkham’s home round, with the 29-year-old based in nearby Ockbrook.

After another top six finish last time out at Cadwell Park despite a hefty crash, Kirkham and the team are confident of furthering their recent progress at the Derbyshire venue, at which Kirkham has achieved strong results in the past.

Jon took a bit of a battering in the first race crash at Cadwell Park but with just under two weeks’ recuperation he’s now feeling fully fit and ready to go.

With a new engine in the Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki ZX10R ahead of the weekend, Kirkham and the team will be looking to add to their ever increasing tally of top six results.

Jon Kirkham:

“I live about six miles from Donington so it’s always a special one, it’s also one of my favourite circuits. I think the Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki will go well round there so I can’t wait to get out in first practice. We had two solid top tens at Cadwell Park and I’d like to reward the boys with a little bit more but I need to calm down a little bit as I get a bit worked up and put myself under a lot of pressure and that’s not helping me perform my best. Hopefully we’ll have a nice dry weekend!”

Jack Valentine, Team Manager:

“We’ve put a fresh engine in for the weekend, the bike is in good shape and Jon’s fit again after the bang in race one so we should be good to carry on where we left off at Cadwell. The aim is going to be to try and maintain the top six we’ve shown we’re capable of and anything else will be a bonus. Donington is one of Jon’s favourite tracks so if we can get him nice and sharp, especially around the loop area where most of the pacing takes place, and get a good setting we should be in a strong position.”

04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Website Find Reply