BROOKES AND BRIDEWELL READY TO PUSH IN DONINGTON PARK RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES AND BRIDEWELL READY TO PUSH IN DONINGTON PARK RACES
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell are determined to come out fighting for podium finishes in tomorrow’s ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Donington Park.

The team have worked hard throughout the weekend to be in the best possible position ahead of the races as both riders bid to score the final Podium Points after securing their places in the Showdown.

Brookes will start on the second row of the grid in fourth position as he fought back following a crash in the final free practice session this morning at Redgate. The Australian was unhurt, but is ready to make amends in the races tomorrow.

Bridewell on the second Milwaukee Yamaha will start from the third row of the grid in eighth place as he bids for a repeat performance of his double podium finish last time out at Cadwell Park.

Brookes said:

“It hasn’t been the best day with the crash this morning in free practice. I was ok, it was just a shame that it gave the boys in the garage more work to do before qualifying. Normally the rear tyre starts to slide, but it didn't. It loaded the front and then it let go and I slid off. We qualified on the second row which means that we have a bit more work to do in the races but we will be pushing as hard as we can. Every race we come to we are trying to get on the podium, so although we have made it a bit more difficult for ourselves tomorrow we will be doing everything possible.”

Bridewell said:

“Today we made big changes. We have been riding today and making improvements and steps to get more trust in the front of the bike. In Q3 we made a small change, but we went in the wrong direction and although it wasn’t ideal it wasn’t too bad. I think looking ahead to the races our pace is good and I think that with some changes in warm up we can be battling for the podium again.”

06-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Website Find Reply