Mossey defeats Smiths Triumph team-mates in Supersport Feature race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mossey defeats Smiths Triumph team-mates in Supersport Feature race
[Image: mosseywindonny2014.jpg]

Luke Mossey claimed the victory in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Feature race running his Techcare Profile Triumph three seconds ahead of the fast and furious duel for second place between the Smiths Triumph team-mates.

Behind Mossey the action was intense with Graeme Gowland holding off his team-mate Billy McConnell to take second place and close to within a single point of the Aussie at the sharp-end of the title stakes with three rounds remaining.

Irwin, the Sprint race winner, had led the first three laps before Mossey took over at the front. Mossey refused to give an inch and was pushing hard to gain an advantage and he was never challenged in the closing stages while McConnell ran fourth for six laps before finding a way past the determined Gowland.

The Aussie was riding hard, and he attacked Irwin for second and in amazing sequence the duo changed places four times in as many corners. McConnell made it stick on the twelfth lap at the Melbourne Hairpin as they and Gowland went in three abreast.

Gowland gained most, taking over in second place from McConnell and Irwin with Luke Stapleford holding fifth from Alastair Seeley who crashed out of contention at the Old Hairpin with five laps to go.

McConnell tried frantically to overcome Gowland but there was no way through for him, especially after a minor error on the last lap at the Old Hairpin which cost him vital time.

For Mossey the victory was all the sweeter after having to settle for second place the previous afternoon as he said:

"I had a good lead, there was a little rain and I bottled it finishing second but this make amends for that and has given me a big confidence booster for the remaining races."

Gowland is ready to fight for the crown to the end of the final race of the campaign:

"It is looking that way - that race was great fun, I have a great bike and it was good to be part of a race like that."

Alex Olsen tightened his grip on the Supersport EVO category with victory ahead of Josh Corner and Jamie Perrin.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings after Donington Park:
Luke Mossey (Techcare/Profile Triumph)
Graeme Gowland (Smiths Racing Triumph) +3.323s
Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph) +3.522s
Luke Stapleford (Profile Racing Triumph) +5.428s
Glenn Irwin (Gearlink Kawasaki) +6.011s

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings after Donington Park:
Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph) 301
Graeme Gowland (Smiths Racing Triumph) 300
Alastair Seeley (Martrain Yamaha) 242
Glenn Irwin (Gearlink Kawasaki) 232
Luke Jones (Acumen Industrial Services/T3 Racing) 203