Triple champion Kiyonari confirms 2015 MCE BSB return with Buildbase BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Triple champion Kiyonari confirms 2015 MCE BSB return with Buildbase BMW
[Image: kiyodoubledonny2014.jpg]

Triple champion Ryuichi Kiyonari has become the first rider to confirm his place in the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship today (Sunday) after announcing he will return with the Buildbase BMW team next season.

Japanese ace Kiyonari remains one of the most successful riders in the Championship and is second only to Shane 'Shakey' Byrne in terms of race wins having secured 47 race wins in his career to date. The triple champion is currently locked in a 'War for Four' with Byrne as the pair both bid to become the first rider in the Championship to seal a record-breaking fourth crown this season.

Kiyonari has continued to break records since joining the Leicester-based Buildbase BMW team this season. He celebrated German manufacturer BMW's first podium and victory in the MCE Insurance British Championship and has his position secured in the Showdown, currently lying third in the overall standings after scoring four wins and a further three podium finishers.

Kiyonari said:

"I am really happy because to stay with the team and sign for next year already is very good for me. I wanted to stay with the team and BMW again in 2015 and now for the final rounds I don't have to be worrying about what I am doing next year as that makes it more difficult.

"For me at every race meeting I have hunger and want to keep winning and that is why I have stayed with this team. We have worked really hard together to win races and have podium finishes this year and we all try hard together. If we don't have such a good result we then work together to improve for the next races. This is a really good place for me and we don't worry, we just keep pushing to be stronger in the Championship. We have things we know we need to work on for the future but we can now be ready."

Team Owner Stuart Hicken concluded:

"The whole team are over the moon that Kiyo wants to stay with us for next season and that is important for building on what we have already achieved this year. Kiyo's performance this season has attracted further interest from other teams, but he is happy to be working with us and that is a strong foundation to continue strengthening our results in the Championship.

"This is the earliest in recent years that we have been able to confirm one of two riders for the forthcoming campaign and it is fantastic news for all of us as he has been a pleasure to work with since joining the team."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
07-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Website Find Reply