Lorenzo feeling stronger approaching Misano challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo feeling stronger approaching Misano challenge
[Image: lorenzotestingnov13.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo impressed with his form at Silverstone, where he fought a hard battle with rival Marc Marquez and boosted his confidence.

This weekend the four-time World Champion aims to add to his list of dazzling results at the Gran Premio TIM di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.

Lorenzo has been on the podium every year since the track was added to the MotoGP™ calendar in 2007. He has also maintained a premier class winning streak at this circuit for the last three years and took three consecutive second-place finishes prior to that.

The Spaniard also claimed victory in the 250cc class in 2007, making him the most successful rider at the Misano circuit.

“I think we're on the good path as we saw at Silverstone and, although we were not able to win there, we did a fantastic job,” stated Lorenzo. “Perhaps we suffered more at Silverstone because the rear tyre was different from what we used in the previous races. I thought Silverstone was the ideal scenario to get the first win but was unable to prevail, despite big expectations.”

“Misano could definitely be the place to aim for the win, but I don’t want to obsess about it. I won’t do anything crazy, I’ll just try to do my best and show our best performance. If I can’t win, another podium would be nice. I think we're at the best level we’ve been this year and we’re doing a fantastic job with the team. The bike works well and, to me, Misano is a really lovely track because of its quick lay-out and plenty of fast corners.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
11-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Website Find Reply