ISLAND CONSIDERS HAVING ITS OWN TT GOVERNING BODY
Anonymous
Unregistered

ISLAND CONSIDERS HAVING ITS OWN TT GOVERNING BODY
A very interesting article on the Isle of Man Newspaper site today, concerning the way forward for the TT.

Will anything actually happen though ?

Read it Here
20-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ISLAND CONSIDERS HAVING ITS OWN TT GOVERNING B
This is very informative as I have been asking in other places, who employs the ACU to run the TT and if they are so incompetent, why not get someone else to run it. Then I was told the riders would not race here because they would fear the loss of their ACU licences if they did. So does anyone know what would happen if the IFM were in charge with regard to ACU licences? Also does anyone know the website of the TT co-ordinating committee, so everyone with constructive ideas can communicate them to them. Mr Cretney does not seem overly concerned, perhaps he would benefit by receiving some specifics from the people who were on the spot and are unhappy with the 2003 TT.
20-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could we possibly be seeing the beginning of the end of the ACU involvement with the running of TT.

Harvey T.

20-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's more than this than meets the eye, chaps.

As I read the news item, the plot seems to be for the Isle of Man ACU Centre to secede from the ACU and reform as a National Federation (FMN) within the World Governing Body (theFIM), with all the duties, costs and administration matters that would then be entailed.

Surely you don't have to go that far??

The Manx Government, through its power on the Organising Committee, surely could bring adequate pressure to bear on the ACU to accept a fresh Management Team to run the TT?

As a starter suggestion, the IOM has a fairly good team running the Manx GP, in the MMMC, plus of course the Southern 100 boys who, in my experience, are the best repeat the best in organising a road race that I have encountered in my years of competition, from 1976 to the present day.

Anybody care to speak to George Peach??

That's for starters - anybody want to come back on this??

20-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the "truth" now coming out? The Manx Government supposedly sold the rights to the TT to the ACU!
If this were correct it would explain a lot of the reported attitude of the officials.
This is the stuff that needs to be brought out into the open so that some intelligent debate can be conducted.
The current haze of innuendo and generalisation is really doing nothing to advance the cause of returning ownership of the TT to those who really care about it.
What is needed is clear, sharp facts.
Fact No.1
The conditions in the paddock are bad and need to be improved.

Any more?

21-06-2003, 03:15 AM