Bridewell: Bring on the Showdown – it’s time to get stuck in!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell: Bring on the Showdown – it’s time to get stuck in!
[Image: bridewellatfront.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell says he is ready to "get stuck in" this weekend (19/20/21 September) as the Showdown gets underway at the legendary Assen circuit.

The Milwaukee Yamaha rider sealed his position in the Showdown for the second time at Cadwell Park in August when he celebrated his first race win in MCE BSB. Bridewell heads to Assen for the opening round of the Showdown in fourth place in the standings, trailing championship leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne by 54 points, but the Devizes-based contender says he is ready to do battle to close the deficit.

Bridewell said:

"It's good to be at this point of the season as there were some points in the year when we had a few problems and some bad luck and making the Showdown was looking more difficult. Luckily for me the Milwaukee Yamaha is working really well now and it has allowed me to get back those points that I needed for the Showdown, so all credit to the team for turning it around.

"We have the Yamaha how we need it and at Donington I didn't feel completely comfortable, but it was enough to get on the podium. Thinking about Assen, we tested there recently and we were fast and the bike is strong so now I am looking forward to getting the Showdown started as I am ready to just get going. I am sure most of the boys feel the same because it is a lot of pressure just to make the top six and then the next minute we are into the final three rounds, so we want to just get stuck in and have a good go for it.

"I know that the Milwaukee Yamaha works well at all three of the tracks we go to now. The Kawasakis and BMWs are strong at the moment so we know we have work to do, but if we can have some luck and just leather the thing then it will be alright! It will be what it will be when we leave [the final round at] Brands Hatch - we could win it or we could be sixth, we just have to keep pushing and see what happens."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
16-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Website Find Reply