FRONT ROW FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA’S BRIDEWELL AT ASSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT ROW FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA’S BRIDEWELL AT ASSEN
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Tommy Bridewell will start tomorrow’s opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Showdown race at Assen from the front row after qualifying third fastest in changing conditions.

The team had worked hard on their dry settings throughout the morning, making positive steps forward which they carried into the opening qualifying session. However the rain began to fall before the final stage of the race one grid-deciding session and that left both riders contending with the quick change in conditions. Bridewell fought his way through to third whilst Josh Brookes starts from the second row of the grid in sixth place after both riders experienced off track moments earlier in the session.

Brookes said:

“In summary of qualifying, in the first session we made some changes and I didn’t really like them so we changed it again for Q2. I had a problem with the front tyre and it meant I spent longer in the pit box and everyone had done more laps when perhaps the conditions were better. I got one flying lap in but I didn’t see where it would put us and it can change so quickly with positions that I knew I had to have another go. I carried on and then nearly crashed – I went across the gravel and rejoined and once my heart rate went back to normal I regrouped ready for Q3. It felt a bit like Cadwell Park, the bike didn’t seem to work in the wet conditions so hopefully it is dry tomorrow.”

Bridewell said:

“It was a bit of a shame I didn’t get another pole position, but the conditions weren’t easy! I went out quite early on just to find my feet and went steady, but I could see that however much I wanted to improve my bike the conditions were so difficult that it wouldn’t allow me to. I stayed out and to be honest I could have done with a fresher tyre at the end as it felt like it was shredding a bit as it was drying. I was on provisional pole for part of it and then got pipped, but a front row start was good enough. To be top of the Title Fighters is good and we just have to keep concentrating. We have made a massive improvement with the Milwaukee Yamaha and we will just keep on again tomorrow.”

20-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Website Find Reply