Shakey reflects on qualifying crash and vows to strike back
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey reflects on qualifying crash and vows to strike back
[Image: shakeypitwallassen.jpg]

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne has vowed to battle back from his fourth row start in tomorrow's opening race at Assen after crashing out of the second qualifying session.

Byrne had been building momentum throughout the weekend and had been closing in on his 'War for Four' rival Ryuichi Kiyonari in the sessions. The triple title-winner was holding twelfth place on the timesheets, but dramatically as he made his way back to the pitlane he crashed out of the session, forcing him to watch the remainder from the sidelines. However a determined Byrne admits that his goal tomorrow remains the same - to return to winning ways in his quest for the title.

Byrne said:

"It obviously isn't ideal. The Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team have done a great job so far this weekend and we have been improving all the time and in the dry it is down to a tenth between Kiyo and myself. Hopefully it will make for some really close racing between us tomorrow, the only thing nobody can control is the weather and if it is wet or dry but wither way we need to take it to them.

"To fall down when I did was a strange crash because I saw Hickman fall down and I thought 'ah Peter you don't want to be going down there, that's not cool' and as I rolled in there, I wasn't even trying. I was done and on an in lap and I just chopped the throttle shut as I went into the left and my bike did exactly the same and flicked me over the top and gave me a bit of a smack so not an ideal scenario but we will be back tomorrow as that is another day."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
20-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Website Find Reply