Marquez on Aragon: ‘This is my favourite track of the year’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez on Aragon: ‘This is my favourite track of the year’
[Image: marquezbrnopractice.jpg]

Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are en route to Aragon after a tricky race last time out at Misano.

Just over a week ago at the Italian circuit Pedrosa took a well-earned third place but World Championship leader Marquez crashed on lap ten. The World Champion was able to rejoin the race, though he could only finish 15th.

Both Marquez and Pedrosa have experienced highs and lows at Aragon. Marquez crashed on the first lap in 2010 in 125cc, but came back in 2011 in Moto2™ to win the race, took second place there in the intermediate category in 2012 and won in MotoGP™ last year.

Pedrosa finished second at the Spanish track in his first two outings and then won there in 2012, but an unfortunate clash with teammate Marquez last year saw his first DNF at a track where he has always been strong.

Previewing round 14, Marquez commented,

“After a disappointing weekend in Italy, it will be nice to return home to race in front of our home fans in Aragon this weekend and also my fan club will be coming. This is my favourite track of the year and we’ve had good results here in the past three years so I hope to continue this way. It has technical first and final sections, and you need to be strong in cornering, but we will be working hard from Friday to be back on top on Sunday.”

Pedrosa added,

“Last year obviously wasn’t the best for me, but apart from that I've always done well in Aragon and I'm looking forward to racing in front of our home crowd again, the support is always great and gives you motivation.”

“Obviously Marc has a huge lead in the Championship but there is only a single point between me and Valentino, so my priority is to win races and open that margin to take second in the standings.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
23-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Website Find Reply