First rostrum result for Crutchlow with Ducati
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
First rostrum result for Crutchlow with Ducati
[Image: calcrutchlowpodiumaragon2014.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow achieved his seventh MotoGP™ podium on Sunday at the Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon, his first rostrum result with the Ducati Team.

In an action-packed 23-lap contest in Spain Crutchlow used all his experience to stay upright in the dry-wet race, ultimately coming home third having started in fifth position.

Ten seconds behind race winner Jorge Lorenzo the Englishman was involved in a last lap battle for second with Aleix Espargaro for second, pushing the Spanish rider to the limit on the final corner only to miss out by just 0.017s.

Reviewing the race Crutchlow stated,

“We got lucky with the conditions. But the first rule of racing when the conditions are like that is to stay on the bike and make no mistakes. We did that and we managed to bring Ducati to the podium. I have to thank them they haven’t given up and I haven’t given up, we are fighting as much as we can.”

“I had a not-so-good feeling in the dry at the beginning of the race, but more competitive than at other races this year. So I think it was well deserved for me and for the team that we got the podium. A good battle with Aleix at the end, I tried my hardest, but I have to beat him in the next race. Congratulations to the other two guys on the podium.”

The result moves Crutchlow up into 12th place in the general standings on 63 points.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
28-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Website Find Reply