ILR - Harry Hartley on board for final two rounds of the season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR - Harry Hartley on board for final two rounds of the season
[Image: loughernewlogo.jpg]

In keeping with our ethos of nurturing and developing young talent, ILR Kawasaki are pleased to announce that British Superbike young gun Harry Hartley will ride for the team in the final two rounds of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship, with his debut for the team coming this weekend at Silverstone.

Despite his young age, Hartley comes to the team with a race proven pedigree.
He was a regular podium chaser in the British 125GP class before moving up to the Superstock 600 class where he scored a second place at Brands Hatch.

This season at the age of 17 and on Ninja ZX-10R's, he became the youngest ever MCE British Superbike Championship competitor and points scorer.

Hartley has made rapid progress in a relatively short space of time, and he isn't in the least bit daunted as he takes on new challenges with an impressive ability to quickly get dialed in with machines of all makes and sizes.

[Image: harryhartley1.jpg]

Harry Hartley:

"I am grateful to ILR Kawasaki and team manager Ian Lougher for presenting me with this opportunity and putting me on the grid at Silverstone.

I would also like to thank everyone who has helped to make this possible.

I am also pleased that I have been able to stay with Kawasaki, it is a brilliant bike and one that I am familiar with and I know this will help me as I strive to keep progressing.

This weekend is a new start for me and I have re-grouped and I am ready to start afresh.

I am looking forward to working with Ian and the team and it will be great to learn from them."

ILR Kawasaki team manager Ian Lougher:

''We are really excited to see how Harry gels at ILR. Although it's true that it's a tall order to jump in at Round 11 and be up there right at the front, I have every confidence in Harry.

Through my 32 years racing career, and managing my own team over the past 8 years, I can pass on some useful knowledge and race craft to such a young and naturally gifted racer who I believe has the talent to go all the way.

Hopefully we can come away with a decent result.''

Photo: Harry Hartley. by © Jon Jessop Photography.
http://www.jonjessopphotography.co.uk
By Kind Permission
30-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Website Find Reply