Kiyonari: I want to get one back for Assen!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari: I want to get one back for Assen!
[Image: kiyoleadsshakey.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari admits that he heads to Silverstone this weekend (3/4/5 October) determined to get one back on 'War for Four' title rival Shane 'Shakey' Byrne after he mugged him of the race two victory last time out at Assen.

The pair head to Silverstone separated by just 12 points as Kiyonari continues to hunt down Byrne ahead of the finale at Brands Hatch later this month. The Buildbase BMW rider edged closer to his rival in the standings after Byrne crashed in the opening race at Assen then had the victory snatched from him at the last corner of the second race.

Kiyonari said:

"Last year I didn't race at Silverstone because of the shoulder injury so this is a track that I have less experience of than the others this season which will maybe make it a bit more difficult, but I don't think this is a big problem. The tracks that I thought before the races would be easy or hard or good or bad haven't always been what I thought and so I don't know what to expect for Silverstone although I know I will be pushing very hard again!

"I want to push for wins even more at Silverstone as we didn't win at Assen! I was disappointed with that because I had been at the front for most of the race and then Shakey took it at the end, so I want to get one back for that! I am happier now because I have watched the races again and thought about it a lot and what I did wrong. I now know why Shakey beat me and so I am ready to try again at Silverstone.

"At Assen we had a great battle with me and Shakey and also Tommy (Bridewell) was there too and I think there will be more like this at Silverstone. I think there is more pressure now because we are in a position to win the championship, so I am thinking about it every day now. I think perhaps the pressure helps as we push more and think just of the title and wins, so maybe that is good! I am ready for the weekend and we want to try and win again so we are ready for Brands Hatch."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
01-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Website Find Reply