Brookes: I want to get back to winning races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: I want to get back to winning races
[Image: joshbrookespensive.jpg]

Josh Brookes is determined to return to winning ways in the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Silverstone this weekend (3/4/5 October) after a nightmare weekend at Assen, where he failed to score a single point.

Brookes had held second place in the standings when the Showdown kicked off at Assen, but the Milwaukee Yamaha rider crashed out of the opening race after starting from the back row of the grid and was then forced to retire from race two.

Brookes said:

"Looking at Silverstone, there has been no obvious pattern with some of the other tracks we have been to in order to gauge an idea on how we will perform. There have been events where it has gone well and some where it has not gone so well and they don't follow an obvious order. That aside, I am looking forward to Silverstone and I hope that we can have a normal weekend with no dramas - that is what I am hoping for as that would be nice after recent rounds.

"I am still approaching this weekend like I do with any other and that is to try and do the best I can every time we are on track and I want to get back to winning again."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Website Find Reply