Congratulations! East Fortune
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations! East Fortune
After a weekends racing at the Anual Bob Mac meeting i must say a very big thank you to all involved:- Agnes & Bill, S.C.R.M.C, Melville M.C.C, And all the Marshalls. The races were run prompt with no real hold ups and i hope the quality of racing was enough for the paying public to consider going back!
The track modifications were excellent and i sure hope everyone had a great time!
Excellent work folks, Keep up the good work.
Regards John Leech
22-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Congratulations! East Fortune
I can only second all you say, John, and add that the company was simply fantastic. One of those days when you don't want to go home, because you are surrounded by wonderful friends, watching fast, exciting, safe racing.
I overheard a couple...don't know who they are...who said "This is the very best race meeting we have ever been to" They were older people, and clearly regularly went to races.
Thank you everyone concerned, and congratulations on running such a brilliant meeting.
22-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Congratulations! East Fortune and Thankyou
Yes a great weekend all round.We have not been able to attend the classic meeting for the last few yrs due to racing commitments south of the border but enjoyed this weekend immensly. We are also honoured that the Melville Club choose to name the new section of track "Campbells" in memory of our son Ross.
Stella and Alex Campbell.
22-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A nice gesture Stella, Ross would have been so proud.
23-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes thanks Pykey,"well minted" i think he would have said.
Stella x
23-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can I say thank you back? Several of us that were heavily involved with the modifications were very edgy about the reception the 'new bit' would receive, and testing with single bikes is one thing, a race situation is totally different. We are all so relieved, and dead chuffed that everyone was so positive in their praise and in their criticism where things need further adjustments here and there.

Agnes was tickled pink when I showed her your messages just before she left EF today. Organising and running a meeting is a lot of hard work, very tiring and very stressful. What makes it worth it is all the smiley faces in the paddock, the riders taking the time to say how much they've enjoyed it, and messages such as you've posted for everyone who was or wasn't there to see.

We've got our work cut out again for July. I'd like to say thank you to all those who have and are supporting us in our 'improvement' efforts, especially the Classic Club - cos we certainly couldn't do our meetings without YOUS!
23-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would just like to add my congratulations to all who worked hard on the track over the winter and at the meeting. The new addition makes for good spectating, everyone was impressed with it. Good luck for the next meetings.
Janet
24-06-2003, 04:06 PM