MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR SILVERSTONE SHOWDOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR SILVERSTONE SHOWDOWN
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell head to Silverstone this weekend for the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship targeting victories at the Northamptonshire circuit.

Brookes returns to action fired up after missing out on the podium in the two opening Showdown races at Assen and is determined to battle for victories at Silverstone. Bridewell arrives in Northamptonshire with high hopes for continuing his top three-finishing form at the track where he achieved his first double podium finish in 2013.

Brookes said:

“Looking at Silverstone, there has been no obvious pattern with some of the other tracks we have been to in order to gauge an idea on how we will perform. There have been events where it has gone well and some where it has not gone so well and they don’t follow an obvious order. That aside, I am looking forward to Silverstone and I hope that we can have a normal weekend with no dramas – that is what I am hoping for as that would be nice after recent rounds.

“I am still approaching this weekend like I do with any other and that is to try and do the best I can every time we are on track and I want to get back to winning again.”

Bridewell said:

“I am looking forward to Silverstone because last year it was the track where I scored my first double podium finish in BSB. I know where we went wrong last year in terms of missing out on the wins as we didn’t have the pace to beat Alex (Lowes) and Shakey. We have made some really good steps this season and I feel that we are riding to 100 percent of our potential; we just need to keep pushing this weekend.

“I think Assen was a good benchmark and if we can keep that momentum then it should be good as we want to run it to Shakey and Kiyo this weekend. I want to establish myself as the next one up to be battling with them and I think potentially this could be my best shot of overhauling them for the wins. I want to be winning again so we will dig in and see what we can do on Sunday.”

01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Website Find Reply