Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki looking to make amends at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki looking to make amends at Silverstone
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship heads to Silverstone this weekend for Round 11 of the 2014 season where the Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki team will be out to make amends for a tough weekend in Assen two weeks ago.

Jon Kirkham left the Netherlands with no points after crashing out of both races but it wasn’t all negative for the Derby rider who achieved the team’s first pole position in British Superbikes.

Heading to Northamptonshire, Kirkham is eager to return to action aboard his Kawasaki ZX-10R with the focus once again on ironing out any issues early in Friday’s practice sessions in order to concentrate on results come qualifying and race day.

Jon Kirkham:

“Assen was a weekend to forget apart from the pole position. Silverstone is a circuit I really enjoy riding, it’s fast and I’m hoping we’ll be able to get back to where we know we can be. The bike should suit the circuit; we just need to sort out whatever problems are appearing between qualifying and the races.”

Jack Valentine:

“There are two rounds left of the season and I really want to step things up and continue the progress we had been making before Donington. We need to get back where we should be and that’s aiming for top six. I thought we had a really good opportunity in Assen, I don’t regret the decision we made with tyres in race one and it led to us achieving our first ever pole position for the second race. We need to push hard early on to find the limits of the bike so we can give Jon the best set-up, if we can do that there is no reason he can’t get a result.”

04-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply