TT future - YOUR chance to make a difference
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT future - YOUR chance to make a difference
The following notice appeared in the Isle of Man Examiner newspaper today, and I quote it in full :

PUBLIC NOTICE - TT THINK TANK

In February of this year, the Minister for Tourism and Leisure, Hon David Cretney MHK, established the TT Think Tank. The Think Tank, he explained, would 'be able to apply a fresh look at the event and all the surrounding activities, which have evolved over the last almost 100 years, and to make recommendations to the Department'.

The Think Tank has now begun its work, and as well as examining existing data and research, is canvassing the views of those involved with the TT in one way or another.

The Think Tank is also interested in obtaining the views of the public, and would like to hear from people who have any views on the TT races and festival.

If you wish to have your views brought to the attention of the TT Think Tank, please submit your comments in writing, by 18th July to:

The Secretary
TT Think Tank
c/o Department of Tourism and Leisure
Sea Terminal Buildings
Douglas
IM1 2RG

23-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT future - YOUR chance to make a difference
Many thanks David. I will start writing my thoughts down and get a set of suggestions in on time. There might be a prize for the best entry!
25-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TT future - What Chance ?
Only if it makes people money..............????

Is this THINK TANK really looking at the TT or is it purely a commercial process to squeeze even more tightly the rider and the fan and make the "TT Festival" a money raising mishmosh ??

Frankly, my contribution to a think tank would be the suggestion to trim out all the dross, plough money INTO the TT to get the feeling back (and of course the official manufacturers) and have a real TT again !!

However sport is no longer sport-----It is a huge commercial venture to see how to raise money to go to the wrong people !!

It isn't just motorcycling.....................

So, In summary, we will need a second think tank to concentrate on the TT itself........to go where man has never gone before.

SAVE THE T.T.--------NOW !!!!

My case rests!

25-06-2003, 11:23 AM