Brookes: I would have paid for a ticket to watch that one!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: I would have paid for a ticket to watch that one!
[Image: kiyoshakeybattle1.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha's Josh Brookes fired himself back into the fight for the victories in the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race at Silverstone as the Australian admitted "I would have paid for a ticket to watch that one!"

Brookes qualified on the front row and was able to get away at the front with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Ryuichi Kiyonari as he pushed for his first podium since Donington Park after he missed out at Assen. Brookes had battled with the pair and had held second during the race but was delighted to be back on the podium and battling with the leading Title Fighters.

Brookes said:

"I knew we had a chance of the podium but as usual we pushed on hard and made changes right up until the race. We found something that meant I could be a part of that amazing race and it was pleasing to be back on the podium rather than parc ferme after the race. I wished I had a little bit more to put into it and have a chance for the win, but pushing for second was a great improvement. Being back on the podium and in the fight felt as good as a win to me and I would have paid for a ticket to watch that one! Hopefully we can find a little bit extra for race two."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply