MV Augusta Classic World Champions
Anonymous
Unregistered

MV Augusta Classic World Champions
This very good news for fans of classic racing was in my mail box this morning:

Dear Racing Enthusiasts:

It may be of interest to you to know that provisional arrangements have been made to reproduce to a higher standard and performance a small number of the world's most exciting and successful Grand Prix machines, the 500 cc MV Augusta.

I will be pleased to hear from anyone with the interest and ability to become involved with
this exciting project to return these great bikes to the world's GP circuits.I am confident that Ago could be encouraged to be Team Manager of the proposed MV Classic Race Team.

I await your replies with great interest,
Phil Read MBE, 8 x world champion

24-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MV Augusta Classic World Champions
Not with a very long bargepole, methinks . . .

Anyway, MV AGUSTA, surely??
24-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'd be available to run as second string to Ago, if the price is right.....
Just passing the Cub on to the Nichol team, so I'm free now.
24-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MV Agusta Classic World Champions
You are right, of course, Larry. It's Agusta. Typing is not my best thing. Neither is spelling in English or Italian LOL!
24-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh Harry my son, take Larry's good advice from and old head on an old pair of shoulders. Don't you remember Phil Read and Premier Helmets and Phil Read and this and Phil Read that, makes the hair stand up on the back of your kneck.

Keep your wallet, cheque book and credit cards in the strogest bank vault you can find on this one.

Your money could dissapear faster than Phil Read could race a motor cycle, and in his day he was one of the greatest, fastest motor cycle racers in the world.

24-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Tom -- knew you wouldn't let me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harry, if they were offering free rides on the classic lap then you know who would be up the front of the queue?
Yes, you are right it would be that old double act in the all black leathers, Tom and Larry.
25-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And we'd all be there cheering them on!
25-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Helen, but no thank you Don - I'm doing no more parades.

As I told Allan Robinson after the 2000 event, they're bloody dangerous and I wouldn't be back!!
25-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually Don I did race an M.V Agusta back in the sixties,

As far as the black leathers are concerned, they are in a museum with the Cromwell pudding basin, the leathers still have the 75 Senior T.T. number stitched on the back, I think they will be staying there.

To pinch John Shands expression me on a bike now that. "Would be like a dog Sh*****g a Tennis Ball".
25-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to see that (the museum of course)!!
25-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Presumably your planning to run these bikes in the FIM world Classic series?
25-06-2003, 07:43 PM