We don't need this.
Anonymous
Unregistered

We don't need this.
Found this article in IC Northern Ireland it is just rubbish that these mixtures of fact and fiction are printed and called journalism.
<A HREF="http://icnorthernireland.icnetwork.co.uk/news/local/page.cfm?objectid=13013001&method=full&siteid=91603&page=2">http://icnorthernireland.icnetwork.co.uk/news/local/page.cfm?objectid=13013001&method=full&siteid=91603&page=2</A>

26-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: We don't need this.
This semi factual cack will unfortunately be read by people influenced by the media. I hope someone responds to the writer of this drivel.
27-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats a fairly restrained and factual piece compared to some of the hatchet jobs that were printed in the papers that day.
2000 was a bad year for the roads and will be cited every time some journo wants to attack the sport,and sadly,so will events this year.The only consolation is that such shallow journalism sinks without a trace in a day or so...
27-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

On a lighter note,Radio TT news featured quotes from one of the nastier articles,I think it was in the Daily Mail.The news reader took great delight in pointing out that the picture that went with it to illustrate the dangers of the TT was of an innocent road in Onchan...
If anyone still has that paper please scan it,kwollity journalism like that deserves a wider audience.
27-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was amazed that the riders had to dodge potholes on the course!!
One of our "leading" motorcycle magazines even told us that DJ had his accident just after Rhencullen!!
We are lucky to have the TTwebsite to keep our perspective and I hope they fill all those potholes before the Manx!!
28-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the article in question and am waiting for a cool down period befor i reply as it made me somewhat angry, the whole thing is grossly distorted and untrue, the picture is indeed on the road to Onchan and some what old, the cross depicted was not there this year and marks the spot where a local lad died in a car accident.

MAY I ALSO POINT OUT THAT THE 'JOURNALIST' IN QUESTION WON AN AWARD FOR HIS HONESTY AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO JOUNALISM IN THE SAME WEEK. YES IT'S TRUE !!
28-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry(!) to be unkind Don, but I have asked the Manx highways to leave just the biggest one so that you may have a quick escape route to Aussie land!!!!!!
29-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a p*****k
29-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The journalist in question is Ian Wooldridge, whose supposed 'sports' articles consist mainly of fanatical tub-thumping for the Tory Party. His knowledge of the TT is approximately zero, as this particular piece of drivel proves - but why let facts get in the way of a good story ?
29-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As I've said elsewhere, Wooldridge (Woolridge??) has been flogging this horse for at least 20+ years.

His approach is no more informed now than ever it was.

Ignore him -- the purpose of journalists in general is not to improve the human lot, but rather to sell more papers.

The only problem with them is that if you take them on, you're always playing an away match, and you get kicked off the park.

By the next week, he'd no doubt found another target to persecute - that's his job after all.

He'll not bother us again until next year -- if, that is, the TT hasn't suffered from the ACU's suicidal tendencies!!!!!!
29-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

He has succeeded. You have responded.
OOOOOOPS! So have I.
29-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Foster, you're a smarta**e.

But then, it takes one to know one . . . . .
30-06-2003, 01:33 AM