Kiyonari has ‘nothing to lose’ in the War for Four
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari has ‘nothing to lose’ in the War for Four
[Image: kiyoleadsshakey.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari admits he has "nothing to lose" in the 'War for Four' with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne this weekend (17/18/19 October) as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship goes down to the wire at Brands Hatch.

Kiyonari is vying for a record-breaking fourth title and the stakes are high as both he and Byrne bid to become the most successful rider in MCE BSB history.

Kiyonari trails Byrne by just 12 points ahead of the three races this weekend, and with a potential 75 points up for grabs he knows he needs to finish ahead if he is going to lift the title and smash the record of championship crowns. The title would also be the first for the Buildbase BMW team and the first for the German manufacturer in the series.

Kiyonari said:

"Brands Hatch GP circuit is one of my favourite tracks and now we have nothing to lose. I have to win all three races, I can't let Shakey finish in front of me as he has a 12 point lead. I am thinking of all the different things of what can happen and the championship all the time.

"I have to keep strong and keep pushing - it is very simple now. Silverstone, I couldn't believe it. We had lots of clean moves on each other all the time! Shakey is a good rider and we had a great battle as we are very equal now. Hopefully we can do even better at Brands Hatch but for sure we have pressure, it would be the fourth title, the first for the team, the first time for BMW, so there are many important things. The pressure is more and more, but we will be trying hard to win the three races."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
16-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Website Find Reply