Byrne reflects on crashing out of race one
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne reflects on crashing out of race one
[Image: shakeycrashrace1.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne admits he 'didn't do anything differently' before he crashed out of the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race at Brands Hatch at Clarke Curve ahead of tomorrow's two title-deciding races.

Byrne had initially lead the opening lap of the race and was holding second when he slid out of contention, leaving both him and Ryuichi Kiyonari failing to add to their points tally ahead of tomorrow's two races.

Byrne said:

"I was sat there in second place and I was actually happy that Dan was leading to be fair as then there's no pressure on me. I thought well I'll just sit here, watch the gap behind me and see who's behind me and was just quite contently sat in second.

"But you know you come into Clearways, and we had a similar situation in August in the wet qualifying, we did nothing any different and then the next thing you're on your rear. I was sliding through the gravel actually thinking 'how did that just happen?!' I've done nothing different why? It is what it is, it's a British Championship and whilst I want all three races to be dry and to win them in the dry there's going to be rain too."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
18-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Website Find Reply