Kiyonari to make a decision ahead of race two
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari to make a decision ahead of race two
[Image: kiyobrandspits2.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari will make the tough decision on whether he will line up in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship races at Brands Hatch just ahead of the start as he continues to fight the pain of his fractured collarbone.

Kiyonari opted to sit out the damp warm up session this morning as he continues to rest his undisplaced fracture of his left collarbone in a final attempt to try and race this afternoon. The Buildbase BMW rider suffered a painful high-side in the final free practice session on Friday and has been watching from the sidelines since then.

Kiyonari said:

"It's painful at the moment. I know this feeling, it is not perfect, but I'll try to race. It's normal after a crash, the next day you feel more pain because you ache, but that's normal. The main problem is my shoulder which doesn't feel too good, but I'll try.

"I'm not sure about the race, but this morning's warm up was not possible and I didn't want to crash in those conditions but the championship is very important for me and also for next year. I don't know [if I can race], it is very difficult decision and I'm still thinking. I will decide just before the race. Anyway today it will be very hard because I have to start from the back of the grid."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
19-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply