steve hislop and marshaling
Anonymous
Unregistered

steve hislop and marshaling
I have thought long and hard before posting this
in this weeks manx papers it is reported Mr Hislop says we need more proffesional marshals on the TT course.
It goes into detail of crashes this year DJ being killed from dropped oil well excuse me but is that not down to the coroner of inquests to decide ? not to be speculated on in the press.
The question is then will the riders take less money so the marshals can be paid ? i think not,
where are these profecional marshals coming from ? is there anyone who puts in more hours than a TT and MGP marshal who do not just turn up on race day but attend courses during the winter.
Now the other question for Mr Hislop, where were you marshaling during the last 5 years ? you have not been racing you have been here or are you to good for that job ?
When you want to race its ok for us to all marshall for you but why dont you use some of your time to help others ?
And before i am accused of being against Hislop i could name 3 other riders who turn up to watch the MGP where i am but dont sign on to marshall but each year there they are riding the TT while we marshall.
If by some chance i am wrong and Hislop does marshall somewhere i appologise but some how i dont think i am.
If what is reported in the press is acurate you are a disgrace to the sport and are doing the place that made your name no favours
29-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: steve hislop and marshaling
29-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, dear. Only yesterday I was asking someone if they had come across Eric, and was told he was very quiet just now. I should have kept my mouth shut. I'm not even going to respond to this disjointed, badly argued rant, Eric.
Best wishes, though...we know your heart's in the right place!
29-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone upset you in the pub again Eric?

Thought you'd come home and vent your frustation at Hizzy?

Harvey T summed it all up perfectly

Sort yourself out, I've never heard such bull locks
29-06-2003, 12:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome back Eric - it's been dull without you !
29-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course Steve Hislop has the right to declare his own opinion but I understand the passion of Eric. As foreign TT visitor I saw with my eyes the love of the TT marshals for their job. There are men who are marshalling since 50 years from the same section of the TT course. In my opinion a GP marshal (generally racing professionalism is that of the GP world) would simply not be able to do the job on the TT course. About travelling marshal, well, I think that they are simply the best in the world in doing their job. Are we sure that the TT needs "more professionalism"? Perhaps to have a "more professional" TT would mean simply to have no more TT races. Pure road racing are banneed from extremly "professional" GPs...

Marco

P.S.

It is written in a post that the first inquest about DJ's fatal accident was published. Is it partially or totally available on the web? And are the MCN's articles about the same matter available on the web?

01-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

At last someone with sense I take what others have said to be an insult to marshalls on the island and will do no good
Others will not come on here as they dont want to be condemed like i have been by the way the last time i was in a pub was over 1 year ago so no i dont post when i come in from the pub
i have dealt with some terrible incidents in the past 20 years so dont try and tell me about profesional marshalls
I have vidio evidence of crashes at may hill which from start to finish ie road clear was 45 seconds
I was not going to reply to the posts but i feel very sorry for any off the marshalls from Crosby on the fatefull Thursday as i think they are going to be hung out to dry as the scape goats and if they are i think you will lose maybe 100 good marshalls so from where are you going to replace them.
As for riders not marshalling tell me why ?
not picking on him but why could Steve Hislop not marshall ? how many meetings have been delayed because of a shortage of marshalls plenty
The end of the TT will come i am afraid due to lack of marshalls while all the wingers will sit and write about it instead of getting off their backsides and helping
the end no drink no drugs no attitude just a love of the races
01-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

02-07-2003, 12:30 AM