Lee Hardy / RAF Reserves - 61st Macau Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lee Hardy / RAF Reserves - 61st Macau Grand Prix
[Image: leehardyraflogo.jpg]

Lee Hardy Racing are delighted to announce they will be attending the 61st Macau Grand Prix in China with John Mcguinness as their rider and Pro Bolt as the teams title sponsor, this event is held annually and takes place on closed roads in and around one of the richest cites in the world.

Hardy was approached by John Mcguinness about the race and after a few conversations it all seemed to start coming together, Hardy said “it was quite fitting really I always wanted to do the race with Simon Andrews and John was a great friend to Simon, it will be an amazing opportunity for the team and we are looking forward to the challenge. We know we have not got the strongest bike on the grid and we have not had the budget to prepare a special engine for the event ether, John will be riding our latest spec BSB engine but as we all know the Honda has a great chassis and inspires confidence which im sure John will make full use of”.

Mcgunniess has been synonymous with the Macau Grand Prix since his first visit back in 1998 when he finished 3rd on a Honda 500 two stroke. John said “I can remember the first ever time I rode at Macau, I walked into the garage and my mechanic was there warming the bike up, it sounded such an animal peaking into the power band and I thought O My God how am I going to ride that round this place, and I did and finished third, mega”

“As a team manager I never put pressure on a rider and John has been to Macau so many times finishing on the podium eight times and wining the race back in 2001, he knows what he is doing. As long as he comes home safe and enjoys the race that’s all that matters to me”.

[Image: proboltmacaubike.jpg]

The Pro Bolt deal came about through Kevin Harker, himself and Pro Bolt have been a massive supporter of the Lee Hardy race team supplying both off the shelf and bespoke parts. Hardy said “Pro Bolt has a great synergy with the BSB paddock and we have become very good friends from there. I have been talking with Pro Bolt for some time about doing something different and offered them the opportunity of title sponsorship for the Macau GP, with various negotiations they accepted my offer and we have produced a bike which I hope they are proud of”.

You can follow the team’s progress on Twitter @leehardyracing or Lee Hardy Racing on Facebook. Thanks again to Mother Hubbards Fish & Chips in Swaffham, Pro Bolt, EPM Technology and Spraybay for there hard work in making this trip even possible.

30-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply