A toast to Joey
Anonymous
Unregistered

A toast to Joey
It may be three years today that Joey was taken from us, but the glorious memories of the greatest of all road racers will live on for all time. This should be a cause for celebration, and I suggest we all lift a glass to him tonight with the toast “Joey Dunlop – King of the Roads Forever.”

02-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A toast to Joey
02-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't drink, but I will raise my coffee cup to that. ow can you ever forget that long haired kid who nearly wiped out himself, Vin Ducket and myself at Ballanorris at the Southern when his steering damper broke on Rea's TZ750 and he went high speed grass cutting across the field.

Joey was never a superstar because he did not want to be one, he was just, and only ever wanted to be one just of the boys enjoying what he loved doing best and thats what made him a giant among mere mortals, It did not matter to him that he did it better than anyone else

More important he devoted himself so much to others less fortunate than himself with his long haul charity work, now that really made him a hero in my mind.

Joey's Memorial garden is now in full bloom, immaculately cared for and looked fantastic in the early morning sum today.

02-07-2003, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom,how lovely to be able to visit that garden on a day like this.I bet his pub is crowded tonight! Bless him.
02-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

see <A HREF="http://www.samsroadracing.co.uk">www.samsroadracing.co.uk</A>

pics of part of the garden
02-07-2003, 07:53 PM