Davy Morgan loses main backer in sponsorship setback
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Davy Morgan loses main backer in sponsorship setback
[Image: davymorganleadsdunlop.jpg]
Davy Morgan is a stalwart of Irish road racing

Irish road racing stalwart Davy Morgan has suffered a blow for 2015 following the unexpected withdrawal of main sponsor CMS.

Morgan had been due to ride Supersport and Supertwin machines with backing from CMS next season but the vastly experienced privateer racer is now on the lookout for alternative bikes after his backers pulled the plug on their plans ‘due to unforeseen circumstances’.

Morgan, who is famed for his vivid pink helmet, has expressed his gratitude to Tony Morris of CMS for his support over the past few seasons as he contemplates his future in the sport after being left in a difficult position for next year’s campaign.

And the Saintfield man has appealed for support from the racing community in an effort to be back on the grid next year.

“I am one of the most experienced riders racing between the hedges, but I can assure any sponsor that I have lost none of my enthusiasm and commitment,” he said.

“I love racing motorbikes and I’m already looking forward to racing on the roads across Ireland and the UK in 2015.

“With competitive bikes I’m confident that I can make my mark again in 2015. Over the winter we will work hard to raise the required budget and trade support to run the team competitively and I’ll train hard to get myself in the best physical shape possible,”
Morgan added.

“This finance, support and conditioning are major requirements if you want to be at the sharp end of the leaderboard week in, week out, in this highly competitive and demanding sport - I certainly will be doing everything within my power to ensure I won’t be lacking in any department.”

Anyone interesting in helping to support Morgan next year can get in touch on 07812 937970.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
03-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Website Find Reply