Marquez and Pedrosa ready to enjoy last race of the season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez and Pedrosa ready to enjoy last race of the season
[Image: pedrosaprevalencia.jpg]

This weekend’s Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana gives Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa a chance to race in front of their home fans as they round off the 2014 season.

Marquez has experienced dramatic Valencia races in the past two years, after clinching the MotoGP™ title there last year with a third place finish – in his maiden premier class season – and in 2012 with his emphatic victory from last place on the grid to first in Moto2™. However, these remain his only podiums at the track.

Pedrosa meanwhile, who unfortunately crashed out of the Malaysian GP, has celebrated nine podiums in Valencia which include six victories – 2012, 2009, 2007 (MotoGP), 2005, 2004 (250cc) and 2002 (125cc).

Both riders will be aiming to beat Movistar Yamaha MotoGP’s Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi to clinch the Team World title for Repsol Honda, and thus grant Honda back-to-back triple crowns (Rider, Constructor and Team World Championships).

Marquez commented,

“The past month has been a whirlwind and winning the Championship in Japan seems like a long time ago now! After Malaysia we attended an event with Honda and Alpinestars in Thailand on the way home and then had a few days to relax in Spain and do some training before leaving for Milan to visit the EICMA show. It was a really good event with many people there, I really appreciate all the kind words from everyone I met!”

“Now we head to Valencia for the final race of an incredible season. It’s always nice to race in front of the home fans and this year it will be much more relaxed. I will be able to enjoy it without any pressure!”

Pedrosa, added,

“Obviously I’m now out of the race for second or third in the Championship, especially after the events in Malaysia, but I’m looking forward to going to Valencia and finishing the season on a high. This is always a special race for me, the fans are fantastic and they create a wonderful atmosphere. My results here in the past have been strong and this weekend I hope to repeat this and fight for victory on Sunday!”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
05-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Website Find Reply