Dovizioso and Crutchlow gear up for last race as teammates
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dovizioso and Crutchlow gear up for last race as teammates
[Image: ducatiboysprevalencia.jpg]

At this weekend’s Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana the Ducati Team pairing of Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow will ride together for the final time as teammates, before Crutchlow departs for a new challenge.

Furthermore, as is tradition, Sunday’s race will be followed by three days of official tests in preparation for next season. But for the two riders of the 2015 Ducati Team - Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone - participation will be limited to just one day on Monday.

Over the years, the Ducati Team have scored two wins in MotoGP™ at Valencia, one with Troy Bayliss in 2006 and the other with Casey Stoner in 2008. Dovizioso has taken part in the Valencia MotoGP race six times, his best result being a third place in 2011, while Crutchlow’s best performance in his three races at Valencia was fourth place in 2011.

For Crutchlow, the final event of the season will be his last Grand Prix in Ducati Team colours, as the Briton will ride for the CWM-LCR Honda Team next year.

After his eighth place at Sepang, Dovizioso is fifth overall in the standings with 174 points, while Crutchlow, who celebrated his 29th birthday last week, is 14th with 63 points.

The race at Valencia will also see a return to the track for Ducati Team test rider Michele Pirro, who will step onto his Desmosedici GP14 for the sixth time this season, the fifth time as a wild card.

Dovizioso looked ahead to the weekend, commenting,

“I don’t think the Valencia race will be easy for us. The layout of the track is totally different to the others, but in any case we have to continue to give the best feedback to the team, as we have always done throughout the season. We’ve made some big steps forward recently in consistency and pace and I’m sure we can improve in the future.”

Crutchlow added,

“I’ve been feeling a lot more confident on the bike now since Aragon, we’ve really found my pace back, so we need to take these positives to Valencia. This will be my last GP with the Ducati Team so a big thanks to them for this season, I’m going to miss them. They worked hard all through the year and I will try my best in the last race to get a good result.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
05-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply