Now who has broken the the rules????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now who has broken the the rules????
Have a look at:

<A HREF="http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/story.jsp?story=422849">http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/story.jsp?story=422849</A>
08-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Now who has broken the the rules????
John, you're digging again!!!

Two wrongs equal one right???

I think not . . . . . . . .
09-07-2003, 12:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Refusal to have a machine inspected in Australia to my memory meant instant exclusion from the results, this may have changed. Help me out Jan!
Do I detect a modicum of arrogance somewhere here, or was it (a bit of a mix-up in the wording)?
09-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or plain jealousy for we now have a different
front runner winning the races ?????

Give the guy a break, it'll be someone else next..............................
or prove what Ryan's supposed to have done ??????

The motor-racing sport is supposed to be fun !
09-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

John

As Larry says you seem to be doing a lot of digging, but I think you and some others may have missed the point here. Out of interest were you at Skerries this weekend and did you see anything of what went on?

The first four bikes were to be dynoed; not stripped; at the clubs request as they are allowed to do so. The other three were dynoed without problem, whilst Ryan Farquhar and the members of his team chose not to allow their machine to be dynoyed, thus excluding themselves from the result. They were not disqualified as such as far as I can tell.

The bikes were on the dyno for just a couple of minutes, and no damage was done to the bikes. There were no parts removed from the machines, never mind stripped. There was also no protest made by any other rider. The club chose to dyno these leading machines, as has been the case at several other meetings this year including Dundrod and Tandragee.

If Ryan Farquhar or any other rider for that matter was riding their Supersport (tuned) machine or similar at Skerries, the dyno would have indicated this. If Ryan was on a legal bike surely it would have been a small inconvenience for him to allow this process to take place, unless he had something to hide from the rolling road.

Ryan Farquhar is a fine rider, and has no need to cheat in my mind. Wether he was or he wasn't cheating at Skerries, the episode has left a nasty taste in the mouth and would be better sorted out sooner rather than later, along with the ongoing rift between Farquhar and Ian Lougher.
09-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a cutting from the rule book 'Any refusal by the rider to allow MCUI representatives to scrutinise and examine the machine will deemed to be a breach of the rules and regulations and as such mandatory penalties will apply' and presumabley covers Ryan team not allowing to have the machine tested on the dyno.
Such a small thing a couple of minutes on the dyno. No one else protested just Ryans team........hum back to the bad taste.
09-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I rememeber a while back! Unfortunate for some rider his bike exploded on Dyno! No one accepted responsibilty! Who should pay for such an incident? Cheers john
09-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

09-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Totally agrre with that Harvey! I am not saying that the "Who pays" should be an excuse! but really who should pay?
Steve Allan is a naturally fast rider and i think that shows with the level he is at now!

Cheers John
09-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not exactly sure of penalties here Don, however in a speedway event, where we seal the first 4? placegetters in a championship a refusal is simply not acceptable. As for random checks - not sure. Shall have to check my rule book.
09-07-2003, 10:54 PM