Ben Wilson to make debut at North West
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ben Wilson to make debut at North West
[Image: benwilsonpromonorthwest.jpg]

Former British Supersport championship runner-up Ben Wilson will make his debut at the North West 200 next year, riding for the Gearlink Kawasaki team.

Wilson, 32, will partner Carrickfergus rider Glenn Irwin in the outfit, with both competing in the Supersport class.

Lincolnshire man Wilson will take part in his first road race, while Irwin will race at the event for the first time in Supersport and Supertwins.

The Northern Ireland man competed at the Ulster Grand Prix in August.

Irwin ended in fourth position in the 2014 British Supersport standings and opted to remain with the well-established English team for 2015.

Wilson secured overall top-five finishes in the British Supersport series for five years in succession between 2009 to 2013 and was just pipped for the title by multiple North West winner Alastair Seeley in 2011.

He endured a difficult season in 2014, picking up only a handful of points after never really gelling with his Kawasaki in the British Superbike Championship.

"I've always fancied doing the North West and next year will be the year," confirmed Wilson.

"I've had a look round the track and it's very different to anything I've done before but I'm looking forward to it and won't be putting myself under any pressure."

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
02-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply