Alastair Seeley rekindles old TAS Racing association for Superstock tilt
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Alastair Seeley rekindles old TAS Racing association for Superstock tilt
[Image: seeleywithbmwpromo1.jpg]

Two-time British champion Alastair Seeley has re-joined the TAS Racing fold to challenge for the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 crown in 2015.

The Carrick rider, who previously won the Superstock title and the British Supersport championship for the Moneymore team in 2009 and 2011 respectively, will also have a full stable of BMW S1000-RR machinery for the North West 200 in May.

Seeley finished as the runner-up in the Supersport class this year but has opted to embark on a new challenge as he attempts to win the Superstock title for the German manufacturer next season on the Tyco BMW.

“It’s great to be back with TAS Racing and to be part of the whole Tyco BMW set-up for next year,” Seeley said.

“With factory support and what I believe to be the best machinery for both the Superstock class and the North West 200, I really can’t wait to get started. TAS Racing gave me the opportunity to win two British championships so the goal this year is to repay them and hopefully make that three.

“I’m also happy to be back in the Superstock class as I feel the BMW S1000-RR will give me a great chance to win the championship and I’ve already started doing my homework for next season.”

Seeley will be joined at the North West by the team’s regular roads pairing of William Dunlop and Guy Martin in a formidable line-up for the first of the main international road races of 2015 on the north coast, which takes place from May 12-16.

The 35-year-old - who clinched a Superstock and Supersport brace this year - is only three wins behind Robert Dunlop, who remains the most successful NW200 rider ever with 15 wins to his name.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2014, 12:05 PM by Malcolm.)
17-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Website Find Reply