Michael Laverty confident of BSB title bid on Tyco BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Laverty confident of BSB title bid on Tyco BMW
[Image: mlavertyonbmw1.jpg]

Michael Laverty makes a return to the MCE British Superbike Championship next year with Tyco BMW after two years in the MotoGP class.

Laverty, who this month tied the knot with partner Jodi Lee Davies, secured the British Supersport title for TAS Racing in 2007 and previously competed in the BSB series for Philip and Hector Neill’s squad in 2008 and 2010, finishing fourth overall during his most recent stint in the team

Prior to his move to the MotoGP World Championship, the 33-year-old Ulsterman finished fifth in the BSB standings in 2012 on the Samsung Honda, but Laverty is feeling confident he can wrap up the title in 2015.

“I’m delighted to be back in the TAS Racing fold for 2015; this time with a new manufacturer in BMW behind us,” he said.

“It’s a very exciting time for both myself and the team: we are both new to the BMW S1000-RR but it is a bike built for the race track and I believe we have all the ingredients required to deliver the BSB title.

“I’m very motivated about my move back to BSB. I’ve spent the last two seasons in MotoGP and feel I’m a much stronger rider thanks to that experience, both on the riding and the technical side,”
he added.

“I’ve really missed not being on a machine capable of delivering wins and podiums, so I’m already daydreaming about the battles head with Shakey and Co. next season.”

Laverty is joined in the BSB line-up by Tommy Bridewell, who ended the 2014 campaign in an excellent third place overall in the final reckoning behind Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne and Ryuichi Kiyonari.

“I’m really excited to be joining Tyco BMW for next season,” Bridewell said.

“I’ve met the team and they are a great bunch of guys and having ridden the BMW before, and watched what Kiyo was able to do on it this season, I know we will have as competitive a package as anyone on the BSB grid in 2015.

“In 2012 I put a standard BMW into the top six, so with factory support and the help of everyone at Tyco BMW, the goal is to be challenging regularly at the front and winning more races.

“I’m also looking forward to working with Michael as he has a lot of experience both in BSB and with the team. So I’m now counting down the days to the first test.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
17-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Website Find Reply