12 TIMES WINNER ALASTAIR SEELEY LOOKING FORWARD TO RACING TYCO BMWS AT 2015 NW200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
12 TIMES WINNER ALASTAIR SEELEY LOOKING FORWARD TO RACING TYCO BMWS AT 2015 NW200
[Image: seeley&merv2015promo.jpg]

For Alastair Seeley 2015 will be a case of back to the future as he rejoins the Moneymore based TAS team for a third stint. With the Tyco sponsored team switching manufacturers from Suzuki to BMW for 2015, the Carrickfergus man will ride a S1000RR BMW in the British Superstock championship alongside competing at the Vauxhall International North West 200 on Superbike and Superstock versions of the big BMW.

The current star of the seaside race will be racing alongside Tyco team mates Guy Martin and William Dunlop who are both staying put with the TAS for 2015.

“I’ve good history with the team.” the 35 year old said.

“”TAS gave me my chance in British championship racing and I gave them two British titles and we have had a lot of success at the North West together.”

Seven of Seeley’s twelve North West 200 victories have been on TAS machinery and Seeley will be targeting Robert Dunlop’s all-time record of 15 wins in May.

“It would be nice to get there but it is getting harder every year.” the runner up in the 2014 British Supersport championship.said.

“More and more of the BSB boys are coming through at the North West and they are learning fast and pushing to win. Plus you have all the usual suspects like the Dunlop brothers and John McGuinness.”

But Seeley is confident that he will have the support that he needs from the Tyco BMW team to do the job on the roads and in the British championship in 2015.

“It is all about having a good package and a good crew.” he reflected.

“I am back to a team I know and I will have the same crew that I had success with before. It is all a big jigsaw and a lot of the pieces are coming together. It will be just down to the boy sitting on the bike now to open the throttle!”

With BMW not making a 600cc machine no decision has been made as to which bike the 2014 British Supersport championship runner up will run next year but Seeley will be in action on the smaller bikes at the North West.

“Hector and Philip Neill’s TAS team have always been strong supporters of the North West 200.” NW200 Event Director, Mervyn Whyte, said.

“We will be delighted to have three top class riders like Alastair Seeley, Guy Martin and William Dunlop back on the grid in 2015 on the team’s new BMW machinery and it will be something that will excite every road race fan.”

[Image: nw2015logo.jpg]
17-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Website Find Reply