Fire proof pit overalls specification
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification
Malcolm.
Thanks for that , but what I was after more was the organisers/ACU specification sheet , I do not want to kit my crew out and then find what they are wearing is not acceptable.
After the pit lane incidents the other year I thought they had tightened what was OK to use.
Or are the items on the links you have put up alright ?

A bit more searching I found this in the 2015 TT regulations I assume the Classic/Manx will be covered by the same set of rules.

Each competitor is permitted up to three Attendants. Bona fide Team Managers who are representatives of licensed entrants and who are attending more than one rider will, on application to the Clerk of the Course, be given an additional pass to enable them to attend more than one pit in addition to the three Attendants working in each of those pits.

Team Managers and Attendants must wear the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):

The attendant responsible for refuelling must wear a suit that meets the higher standard of SFI 3.2A/5 / FIA 8856-2000. The overalls must have collars, ankle and wrist cuffs and be zip up not pop stud. The attendant responsible for refuelling must wear a double layered fireproof balaclava and fireproof gloves while refuelling.

Other members of the Pit Crew must wear a suit that meets the standard of EN 531/533 / NFPA 2112. They must also wear a fireproof balaclava.

Balaclava. The Balaclava must be a double layer FIA approved Balaclava

Gloves. Must be FIA approved to standard SFI 3.2A/5 / FIA 8856-2000

Suitable footwear must be worn at all times in the pit lane. Footwear worn by Team Managers and Attendants must not have any studs, steel tips etc. All Team Managers and Attendants must remain in the pit allotted to them, except when their competitor is at the pit, when Attendants may assist or carry out replacements and repairs, only using the spares previously deposited in the pit. Wheels fitted with tyres may be brought into the pit during a race. The PPE outlined above must be worn fully by the Team Manager/Pit Attendants whilst their rider is stationary in the allotted pit area.
Self-contained remote starters for the Superbike and Senior TT races will be permitted, provided applications are made to the Clerk of the
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015, 01:46 PM by Kursaal Flyer.)
20-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification - by Kursaal Flyer - 20-01-2015, 01:34 PM