Fire proof pit overalls specification
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification
(24-06-2015, 10:23 AM)Splashdown Wrote: My man has just sent me photos of the labels inside those expensive overalls that were bought especially for the re-fueler at last year's Classic. They told us that the other pit crew could use existing overalls, but these were the ones that were going to be required in future.

So the new ones were:

1st label
"complies with ISO6940. FIA86 Rules"

Next label:
"The fabric conforms with EN533, limited flame spread (ISO14116)"

Next label
"flame retardancy of the fabric meets the requirements of ISO14118: 2008:Index3 ISO11811: 2007 Para 6.7 and ISO 11812: 2008: Para 6.3"

When you consider the folk that are swanning around who aren't wearing ANY flame retardant material, I DO think the organisers are taking the mickey.
I realise that this directive is coming from the fire service,  NOT the ACU, but the whole situation is a massive overkill, especially in consideration of the large crowd gathered adjacent to the  pit lane.
Surely the biggest risk is in the warming up area where the whole entry is gathered with full tanks of fuel. There's no order to what's going on in there, (as it's not the race track), and there's a mass of media and bare fleshed ladies (nowt wrong with that in the right circumstances!!) milling around.

Well Nick I stand to be corrected here but I believe you are one of the riders reps?, well if that is correct maybe you should make a stand against these latest regs I am sure most of the riders would stand with you as it is just another unnecessary expense to a very expensive meeting. as you say if it is just down to the fire brigade then its not written in stone.
12-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification - by cregnybaa - 12-08-2015, 06:47 PM