MCE BSB season to start for Honda Racing with opening test of 2015
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MCE BSB season to start for Honda Racing with opening test of 2015
[Image: linfoorohallarantesting.jpg]

2013 MCE British Superbike Championship title-winners Honda Racing launch their 2015 campaign when they begin their pre-season testing programme this week. Dan Linfoot and Jason O'Halloran will get to test the latest developments of the Honda Fireblade at the Monteblanco circuit in Spain.

The test will mark 2014 Showdown contender Linfoot's debut with the team alongside Australian O'Halloran, who had a taste of the Superbike as part of Honda's development programme last season ahead of their full-time championship return this year. The team have four days scheduled on track at Monteblanco before a further test at the Spanish track in March.

Speaking ahead of the test, Linfoot said:

"I am really looking forward to the first test - I think I am more excited than I was at Christmas! This first test is all about getting out on track again and my gelling with the bike and the team. I have raced Hondas before but I am expecting a big difference to the previous ones I have ridden. The team have a proven package of winning the title and I am expecting it to blow my mind. I am happy that we have a great chance to get some good mileage in before the Donington Park official test, so we can get comfortable and up to speed before coming back and then really get stuck into the British tracks."

O'Halloran who is eager to gauge the changes since the last test, said:

"I can't wait to get started. For me this is great, because when I tested the bike last season it was in addition to racing in Superstock, so it was for feedback rather than for racing. I have been and seen the team and it seems like the bike is ready to rock and roll already, so we need to blow the cobwebs away from the winter then we have the chance to build up and make changes with the time we have on track. I know that the bike is already at a good starting point as it will be a refined version of what I tested last season so I can't wait to get started."

Team manager Havier Beltran commented:

"The whole team are looking forward to our first test of the season and it is a great opportunity for us to have a good shakedown. We have worked with Jason last year on the Superbike and we have been refining the Fireblade since then so he will be able to evaluate the differences and continue with making further improvements. It will be Dan's first test with us, so we are excited for him to be joining us. He has raced Hondas before, but we appreciate there will be a difference, so we are eager to get his first impressions and work with both riders to get our season off to the best possible start."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
26-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Website Find Reply