Sylvain Guintoli - injury update
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sylvain Guintoli - injury update
[Image: patahondalogo.jpg]

Following his crash at turn one at Jerez in Spain on Monday 26 January at the start of a pre-season test, Pata Honda rider Sylvain Guintoli chose to return to the UK for complete assessment of his injuries.

Wednesday afternoon ( 28 January) the reigning World Superbike champion underwent an MRI scan on his neck and back and had a further X-ray on his right ankle.

Despite severe bruising and some discomfort, it was confirmed that Guintoli sustained no fractures and the 32-year-old has begun his rehabilitation with physiotherapy and the use of a hyperbaric chamber.

“The back is still quite painful,” said Guintoli, “but I can put some pressure on the ankle and I’m happy that there are no breaks. The treatment has started and although it will take a while to settle down, I’m confident about being fit and ready to start the season at Phillip Island next month.”

He added:

“In the end, it was frustrating to miss the test at Jerez, especially because the weather conditions were so good. But we have another two-day test in Australia before the first round and I’ve already had a chance to see the work that has been done to the CBR over the winter, so I’m excited and looking forward to the first race.”

[Image: guintoliinjury1.jpg]

30-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply