Derek Sheils joins BikeBits NI Racing for 2015 season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Derek Sheils joins BikeBits NI Racing for 2015 season
[Image: derekshielsonbike1.jpg]

Dublin’s Derek Sheils is off to pastures new this season after joining BikeBits NI Racing to ride Kawasaki machinery.

Sheils, who has previously rode for Chris Dowd in recent seasons, will contest selected Irish national road races plus the Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix as the Co Down-based team switches to the roads full-time in 2015.

The 2013 Irish Superbike road racing champion will also contest the Adelaide Masters Series on Kawasaki ZX-10R and ZX-6R machinery.

Sheils – who won the Adelaide Masters Superbike title in 2013 – will return to the TT in June after withdrawing from the meeting last year, apparently after being affected by a number of racing incidents in the run up to the event.

BikeBits NI owner Jonny Annett said: “I’m really excited for the 2015 season now.

“We’ve got a top class rider, really good bikes and I think that we’ll have a really strong package all round. I sat down with Derek a couple of weeks ago and we worked out a deal.

“It’ll be a new challenge for us as a team, especially with the road racing, but I’m looking forward to the season and getting stuck in.

“A massive thanks to all of our sponsors, both those who have been with us for many years and also those new who have came on board for 2015.”

The team will also run Daniel Annett in the Irish Short Circuit Supertwin championship on a Suzuki SV650 this year.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
30-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Website Find Reply