Cal content after opening days testing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cal content after opening days testing
[Image: crutchlowsepang1.jpg]

CWM-LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow declared himself satisfied after the opening day of the February tests at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia.

The South East Asian country has become the destination of choice for pre-season testing sessions in recent years and, once again, there was a full turn-out from the MotoGP paddock on Tuesday.

Crutchlow continued his familiarisation with his factory spec Honda RC213V after having had the winter off and put in a solid shift of 61 laps, his best being his 34th of the day which was recorded at 2’01.713.

That put in him tenth place on the timesheets and, although he conceded there was still work to be done to improve his feel on the bike and when using new tyres, the Briton insisted he was pleased with how things had gone and delighted to be back out on the track on his Honda.

Cal Crutchlow - 10th 2’01.713 (61 laps)

Today was obviously a good familiarisation day from my point of view with CWM-LCR Honda Team. We got back to working ways quite well.

I was happy but really rusty from the winter off. We did a good job, we made a lot of laps on used tyres and the lap time was the same as what I did with the new tyres, so we need to keep improving with the new tyre and be able to feel a little bit more comfortable on the bike.

In the last run we seemed to have some sort of problem to not be able to take advantage of the lap time, but I was happy overall and it was nice to get back on the bike in Malaysia today.
04-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Website Find Reply