TT Countdown - Test
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 393
TT Countdown - Test
Are we going to try, Dommy? (and anyone else)
I'm up for it, 
I think we're OK as far as posting pics (size etc.) goes now,
think we're sorted?
maybe max 2 or 3 pics per post?

As long as you're Ok Malcolm,
if we make any mistakes we'll soon learn!
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2015, 12:01 AM by Malcolm.)
11-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: TT Countdown
Hi Captain (and everyone else),

I have no issues in you all running a TT countdown using photographs of the numbered bikes etc,

All I ask is that common sense prevails and that no one tries to take things beyond "acceptable".

For those that are looking for a good and FREE graphics manipulation programme ( only 5Mb in size  ) to use, I have put a link in the Posting Graphics thread - 

http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...?tid=18350

to a great little programme called Phoxo.

You can resize physically, and change density/resolution (Alters the overall kb size) - Recommended 72 for web use.

It will be interesting to see what you all come up with.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015, 10:17 PM by Malcolm.)
11-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(11-02-2015, 08:32 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Are we going to try, Dommy? (and anyone else)
I'm up for it, 
I think we're OK as far as posting pics (size etc.) goes now,
think we're sorted?
maybe max 2 or 3 pics per post?

As long as you're Ok Malcolm,
if we make any mistakes we'll soon learn!

I was going to give it a try and see how much response it receives. Not many days left now, and cannot believe how quickly it has come round.
11-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I am relying on you Dommy to set a high standard , and no doubt our dear Sparks will help out lets all be kind to the poor tractor rider , how he ever manages to hold a camera steady after getting of that thing is an amazement to me , as ever I am so looking forward to the count down ,

12-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 7
When I first discovered the other site last year,the first thing that impressed me was was the countdown.I thought I must have a go at that so I've sorted some pictures out.They're not exactly professional,but hopefully not too bad,so I'm up for it.

My problem has been the same as Eddie's(understanding the jargon and then remembering what I've done when I do manage to get one right)ie resizing,but hopefully I've finally sussed it out.

By the way,all mine are from the MGP/Classic TT and the Southern 100,if that's alright.
12-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Find Reply

It is fine as long as the number is right , and I know that it should be on a bike but I do like the odd ones of numbers on other things that are Manx related,
as for the posting problem Ericcane I found Flickr the easiest to do the sizing on , for as you select the photo you want to insert it puts up along side the photo the sizing box to select the size you want it to go out at and the img code to click on to copy , far easier to me , and I think it is well known , that if it is easy for me it must be easy and idiot proof , lol I look forward to seeing your contributions to a great thread

12-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

I've put mine on photobucket which I know from your posts,you were not happy with.I've posted a couple of photos previously using the edit option to resize and they've been fine.But when I tried to post that picture of the electric bike,I couldn't seem to get it right even though I was doing it the same(I think)and Malcolm had to modify it.So I tried again and put that picture of the Greeves on the photo posting thread and  that's definitely o.k. according to Malcolm.So I think I've worked it out now.If not,it's down to a bit more trial and error.

Looking forward to participating and especially seeing Dommyman's great photos.

Cheers,Eric
12-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Find Reply

I had two problems with the Bucket one was that to resize you have to click on the photo then click the edit tab then click resize choose the size then click save then go back to the album click on the now resized photo and click on the copy imag code , then go    to where you are going to post it click paste and job done  , a lot of chances to upcock , and then when you have posted your picture any one looking at your posted picture can click on the image and then access your photobucket account and see all your photos , whereas on Flickr   you click on the photo you want to use it comes up and alongside the photo is the box with the imaj code in it and above it a resize option put in the boxes the size you want click the copy box then as with Bucket go to where you want to post your picture click paste and job done a lot easier I felt , and then as with the bucket people can see your photos that you have on the Flicker but there is a way of stopping that , that I could not get on the Bucket that is easy enough to do but a little harder to explain so will leave that for now , but if anyone wants to know send me a pm and I will try and explain it  

Who would have thought it me giving advice on how to do intergalactic wonder rubbish , hope you are taking notes Stick's !! 

I blame that Malcolm Me 

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 09:13 PM by Steady the Edward.)
12-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

(12-02-2015, 09:10 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: I had two problems with the Bucket one was that to resize you have to click on the photo then click the edit tab then click resize choose the size then click save then go back to the album click on the now resized photo and click on the copy imag code , then go    to where you are going to post it click paste and job done  , a lot of chances to upcock , and then when you have posted your picture any one looking at your posted picture can click on the image and then access your photobucket account and see all your photos , whereas on Flickr   you click on the photo you want to use it comes up and alongside the photo is the box with the imaj code in it and above it a resize option put in the boxes the size you want click the copy box then as with Bucket go to where you want to post your picture click paste and job done a lot easier I felt , and then as with the bucket people can see your photos that you have on the Flicker but there is a way of stopping that , that I could not get on the Bucket that is easy enough to do but a little harder to explain so will leave that for now , but if anyone wants to know send me a pm and I will try and explain it  

Who would have thought it me giving advice on how to do intergalactic wonder rubbish , hope you are taking notes Stick's !! 

I blame that Malcolm Me 

I must congratulate you Eddy, from pupil to teacher in the short time that I have known you.  Only six days to go guys, I hope a lot of you are going to contribute some photos. 
12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

Just having another practice.
[Image: e463141b-e418-41b3-82ae-aa9ad3a1e584_zps8c54c724.jpg]
12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Find Reply

All ready some nice shots will you just look at that Little Bantam

Thing is though Dommy did I get it all right or have I bin and gone and made a fool of myself AGAIN , will give you a ring some time I want to pick your brain about driving this field digger I have been playing with , it only took you 2 years to teach me how to post pictures now how long will it take you to teach my how to dig fields with confidence ?? lol

12-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Find Reply

Ps Eric I like the old programs you have on your Bucket and some of them Bikes bring back memories Tritons were my favorite of that era Look forward to you using them  ,

and you have shots there of two places I have wanted to do for years now but sadly still have not got round to Aintree and Darley Moor , one day 

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:19 PM by Steady the Edward.)
12-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

I've been putting some old photos and programmes on the Motorcycle Racing Nostalgia section of the Autosport forum.Check it out,Eddie.There's some really interesting stuff and some great photos on there.
12-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Find Reply

(12-02-2015, 10:16 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Ps Eric I like the old programs you have on your Bucket and some of them Bikes bring back memories Tritons were my favorite of that era Look forward to you using them  ,

and you have shots there of two places I have wanted to do for years now but sadly still have not got round to Aintree and Darley Moor , one day 

If we're having a 'practice' I'll try a random image (sticking to the 'cranky' ancient British stuff.......   I mean as in bikes! Icon_lol )

[Image: IMG_0037.JPG]

Is this ok now?, with the image just linked to another site, or do we need smaller?
12-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Website Find Reply

Malcolm, I wanted to change the name of the thread, to 'Pre countdown' or similar, to avoid future confusion, could you possibly do the honours, please?
12-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Website Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
A while ago over the phone eddy explained to me how to post photos with success Icon_razz now everyone seems to be struggling again, in this day and age why cant somebody come up with an easy way of doing it without having to swap imaging sites and re sizing and all this palava smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
12-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

(12-02-2015, 10:45 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Malcolm, I wanted to change the name of the thread, to 'Pre countdown' or similar, to avoid future confusion, could you possibly do the honours, please?

We can start a new thread in six days time captain.
12-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Find Reply

RE: TT Countdown - Test
Not sure about your sizing Sparks your shot is coming up as 524 wide by 375 tall , I think but may be wrong that the prefered size is 640 tall by 480 wide
but I approve of the content of the shot I remember looking at that bike and thinking to myself that seat don't look very comfy to me better leave this one to that Sparks fellow he is used to these more agricultural seating arrangements , who's the good looking one in the mad Sunday T Shirt , handsome brute and no mistake lol

will have a look at that site Eric when I get time , over the weekend with a bit of luck

13-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Find Reply

(12-02-2015, 09:10 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: I had two problems with the Bucket one was that to resize you have to click on the photo then click the edit tab then click resize choose the size then click save then go back to the album click on the now resized photo and click on the copy imag code , then go    to where you are going to post it click paste and job done  , a lot of chances to upcock , and then when you have posted your picture any one looking at your posted picture can click on the image and then access your photobucket account and see all your photos , whereas on Flickr   you click on the photo you want to use it comes up and alongside the photo is the box with the imaj code in it and above it a resize option put in the boxes the size you want click the copy box then as with Bucket go to where you want to post your picture click paste and job done a lot easier I felt , and then as with the bucket people can see your photos that you have on the Flicker but there is a way of stopping that , that I could not get on the Bucket that is easy enough to do but a little harder to explain so will leave that for now , but if anyone wants to know send me a pm and I will try and explain it  

I blame that Malcolm Me 

just a quick ps on this , I re read this through and spotted a omission on the Flickr instruction , I neglected to say that when you have clicked up your photo that you are wanting to post to get the image code resize box to come up you have to click on to the share arrow that is shown at the bottom right hand side of your picture  , 

13-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

(13-02-2015, 12:54 AM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Not sure about your sizing Sparks your shot is coming up as 524 wide by 375 tall , I think but may be wrong that the prefered size is 640 tall by 480 wide
but I approve of the content of the shot I remember looking at that bike and thinking to myself that seat don't look very comfy to me better leave this one to that Sparks fellow he is used to these more agricultural seating arrangements , who's the good looking one in the mad Sunday T Shirt , handsome brute and no mistake lol

will have a look at that site Eric when I get time , over the weekend with a bit of luck

If you get chance,look at the Bristol Classic Show pictures that are on there.Definitely worth a view.
13-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Find Reply