Keith Amor in Superbike return on Rig Deluge BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Keith Amor in Superbike return on Rig Deluge BMW
[Image: keithamorpromo1.jpg]

Scottish star Keith Amor will make a full-scale return to international road racing in 2015, confirming his comeback in the Superbike and Superstock classes on BMW machinery.

Amor came out of retirement last season to compete in the Supersport and Supertwins races but the former Honda TT Legends rider is stepping up his involvement in the sport this year with title backing from Rig Deluge.

The Falkirk man will also have two World Supersport-spec Honda CBR600RRs in addition to his two BMW S1000RR Superstock machines and a full-blown Superbike.

Amor has pinned his hopes on recreating the success he achieved in 2010, when the 42-year-old powered the S1000RR to its maiden victory on the roads at the North West 200 in the Superstock race and captured more international glory at the Ulster Grand Prix in the Supersport class.

“I’ll have six bikes in total, three BMWs and three Hondas,” said Amor. “The plan is to have two stockers, one set up for the dry and the other for the wet, alongside the Superbike.

“I’m getting Motorrad support from Germany with engines, electronics and data and we will run Ohlins factory suspension on all the bikes.”

Looking ahead to the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May, Amor said the knowledge he gained from running the S1000RR in 2010 will stand him in good stead for the north coast showpiece.

“I won the Superstock race at the North West in 2010 and that was my best ever season,” Amor said.

“I want to go back to what I know and what I ran then. I’m in a really good position and this is my job for the next two years. I have my brother Guy as my mechanic setting the bikes up for me and I just have to build myself up to race speed.

“I love the North West, it’s great fun,”
Amor added. “There are places that you have to hold your breath because it is so fast and it’s definitely somewhere that favours the brave. I am brave and I have a fast bike so it will suit me!”

Amor will participate in a pre-season test at Cartagena in March at the annual Pro Test organised by former Norton and Honda Britain team boss Barry Symmons, which takes place from March 5-8.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
18-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Website Find Reply