Quattro Plant Kawasaki set for Spanish test after Rockingham run
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Quattro Plant Kawasaki set for Spanish test after Rockingham run
[Image: howiemainwaringtest1.jpg]
Howie Mainwaring

The Quattro Plant Kawasaki team rolled out at Rockingham at the weekend with race-winner Howie Mainwaring and Luke Mossey as the team made their final preparations ready for their next test in Almeria, Spain ahead of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship Easter opener (April 4/5/6).

The test marked Mainwaring's first laps of the 2015 season and despite the cooler conditions, the Brands Hatch race-winner got back on track to complete some basic work with the team before their next on track test in Spain next month.

Mossey returned with the team, having made his debut in Spain earlier this month, as he continues to adapt to the Superbike after being a contender in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship in previous seasons.

Mainwaring said:

"It was good to blow the cobwebs off with the laps at the weekend. For me it was just about getting out again so that when we get to Spain we are ready to go. I am in a really good position where I am with the same team as last year and that puts me in a better place to start the season off already. We want to be pushing from the start of the season, so if we can pick up in Spain where we left off at Brands Hatch for the final round, then I will be happy." 

Mossey said:

"We used the track time to give the bike a run out before we head to Spain for our next test at Almeria. It was quite cold, but I wasn't going to turn down the chance to get back out on the bike again! It was nice to get some more laps done on the Superbike and I can't wait to get to Spain now. At the next test we will be on track with some of the other guys this time so it will be good to see where we are at before the official test at Donington Park."

The 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship kicks off at Donington Park this Easter (4/5/6 April) for the opening round of the season.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
23-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply