New title sponsor confirmed for Armoy Road Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New title sponsor confirmed for Armoy Road Races
[Image: armoyhdr.jpg]

The Armoy Road Races has secured a prominent new title sponsor in SGS International for 2015.

The company, a world leader in the production and management of packaging communications, has been involved in race sponsorship role at the popular ‘Race of Legends’ for the past three years, but has now stepped in as the event’s main backers following RiverRidge Recycling’s decision not to continue as title sponsors this year.

Bill Kennedy, Armoy Clerk of the Course, said:

“The club and I are really delighted with the news that SGS International is our title sponsor. SGS International and Brian McGrath have been involved with the Club and our road races for the last three years. 

“Each year they have given their full support to the club, on many occasions going above and beyond what’s required.

“Brian understands the business of road racing and what it entails. He appreciates how much effort and work is required to hold an event like this and nothing is ever too much trouble for him,”
he added.

“We are truly grateful to Brian McGrath and SGS International for stepping up and supporting us even further this year as our title sponsor; without sponsors we really could not put on this great road racing event.”

SGS International also supports Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki squad and the Dungannon-based outfit is among the leading teams set to compete at Armoy on July 25, with Farquhar expected to be joined at the event by Jeremy McWilliams and Connor Behan.

Since its inception seven years ago, the Armoy meeting has flourished into one of the most eagerly anticipated races on the roads calendar, regularly attracting star names including William and Michael Dunlop, Guy Martin, Conor Cummins, Keith Amor, Jamie Hamilton, and Dan Kneen.

Brian McGrath, SGS International group managing director for Europe, said the event encapsulates the spirit of Irish road racing.

“I’ve personally been involved with road racing in one way or another for nearly 30 years. It is one of those sports that once it grabs you it stays with you forever and I have to say that the Armoy Road Races epitomises all that is great about this sport,” he said.

“It has that something special and with Armoy’s historical links to road racing you feel that time has stood still for all the right reasons.

“We have been involved with the club and the races for over three years and it gives me and the company great pleasure to be title sponsor for 2015.

“There is no doubt in my mind that the Armoy Road Races have evolved year on year and that I and the company truly hope that we can contribute to its continued growth.”
Bike Week runs from Sunday, July 19 until Saturday, July 25.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
26-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Website Find Reply