Sam West and Craig Neve to make debuts at 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sam West and Craig Neve to make debuts at 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200
[Image: nw2015logo.jpg]

Sam West and Craig Neve will make their debuts at the 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200.

The duo travelled to Portrush last week for their first sighting of the 8.9 mile Triangle course under the experienced guidance of 13 NW200 times winner, Michael Rutter.  

Neve, an electrician from Immingham in Lincolnshire, has competed in British Supersport, Superstock and the Spanish Superbike championship since he started racing in 2010. The 22 year old had his first road racing experience at the Manx Grand Prix, finishing seventh in the Newcomers race.  “I have always wanted to do the North West 200 and after seeing the course I can’t wait to get going.” he said.

Neve will race a ZX10 Kawasaki and a CBR 600 Honda for the Callmac Flexhydraulic team when he makes his debut in May.  “Michael Rutter has massive experience around here and I have tried to absorb every word he has said.” Neve said after doing several laps of the famous course.

Wilmslow boy Sam West was equally enthusiastic about receiving guidance from the North West 200 legend.

“Michael is someone who I’ve always looked up to and it is great the way the organisers give you a good chance to learn the ropes rather than being thrown in at the deep end.” the 26 year old said.  West, who also made his roads debut at last year’s Manx, will have a full stable of Homer Racing Kawasakis for the Supersport, Superstock and Superbike races in May.  “All of the riders tell me that the atmosphere is the best of any race so I think it will be a good way to kick off the season.” West said.  “I am really looking forward to going under the bridge at Portrush with all the houses close to the track.”

42 year old Rutter, who is still finalising his own machinery line-up for the 2015 North West 200, spent the day passing on tips about the circuit to West and Neve.  “The guys are really keen and it is great to see new riders coming through at the North West, even if they do make my life harder.” he joked.

“We have always tried to have riders with the experience of someone like Michael available to give newcomers some guidance as they find their feet at the North West.” Event Director, Mervyn Whyte, MBE, said. “Sam and Craig have loads of racing experience and they are very keen to move on to the roads which is great news for the future of the sport.”

[Image: west&nevewithrutter.jpg]
Craig Neve, Mervyn White, Sam West and Michael Rutter
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 11:48 AM by Malcolm.)
03-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Website Find Reply