Mossey leads opening day at Almeria ahead of Jackson
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mossey leads opening day at Almeria ahead of Jackson
[Image: mosseyalmeriatest.jpg]

Quattro Plant Kawasaki's Luke Mossey edged out Lee Jackson on the Buildbase BMW to set the fastest time in the closing stages on the opening day at Almeria by just 0.194 seconds.

As the MCE BSB teams head to Spain for pre-season testing over the next two weeks, the Buildbase BMW, Quattro Plant Kawasaki and Morello Racing teams kicked off the week at Almeria. The trio will be joined on track tomorrow by PBM Kawasaki's defending Champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Stuart Easton.

Jackson had been building momentum throughout the day, setting the pace until the final session, when former Motorpoint British Supersport Championship challenger Mossey moved ahead for the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team to claim the top spot.

Mossey said:

"It has been a good first day for us, ending with the best time in the last session.  The day started a bit harder than the last test I had at Cartagena as I had only been to Almeria on a 125 before so the Superbike was a bit different!

"Every time I have been going out I have been learning more about the Superbike and that is what I want to achieve from these tests, rather than try and do anything stupid when we have a week here on track. I feel happy with the progress already and if we carry on then everything should fall into place ready for the first round. Today has been spot on and I feel like if we continue making steps forward like we have done so far, then we will hit the ground running when it gets to Donington Park."

Jackson said:

"The first day of testing has gone really well, especially as it's a brand new bike which is slightly different to the 2014 model. We have made lots of changes and been working through different areas to get a good feeling with the bike and everything has been going to plan.

"This afternoon we tried some different suspension set-ups and it's been going really well and this has put us in a better position for the rest of the test. The new bike is awesome to ride and my whole package is great and I can't wait to continue learning the Superbike. I need to say a massive thank you to everyone who has made this possible."

Howie Mainwaring set the third fastest time despite a small crash at the end of the day on the second of the Quattro Plant Kawasakis. The Brands Hatch race-winner had completed a handful of laps at Rockingham as an initial shakedown before heading to Spain, but is confident they can turn their fortunes around on the second day.

Mainwaring said:

"It has been a tough day trying to blow the cobwebs away and sort the small teething problems out. Unfortunately we ended up with a small crash when I tucked the front at turn seven, but hopefully we can improve tomorrow and get back to normal. It feels like I was trying to do it all in one day after having the winter off, you forget the superbike needs a bit more respect. Tomorrow is another day and we know we can improve."

Morello Racing Kawasaki's Danny Johnson was fourth on his first test with the team's Superbike.

Almeria test, day one:

Luke Mossey (Quattro Plant Kawasaki) 1m37.859s
Lee Jackson (Buildbase BMW) +0.194s
Howie Mainwaring (Quattro Plant Kawasaki) +1.374s
Daniel Johnson (Morello Racing Kawasaki) +1.466s

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
03-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Website Find Reply