“Crashing definitely wasn't in the script” declares Shakey after successful surgery
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
“Crashing definitely wasn't in the script” declares Shakey after successful surgery
[Image: shakeyinbed.jpg]

Record-breaking MCE Insurance British Superbike Champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne has already undergone successful surgery in Spain on his left hand injury after a heavy crash during yesterday's test at Almeria.

The four-time Champion was testing during the first day at Almeria when he suffered a high-side in the final session of the day, leaving him nursing a hand injury, however the PBM Kawasaki rider is already fighting back ahead of the opening round of the season.

Writing on Shakey.com. the defending Champion said:

"I think it's pretty fair to say that most of you will have already read about what happened in Almeria yesterday. The final session of the day, doing a bit of a longer consistent lap time run, I had a big off-throttle high-side, very similar to the one I had back at Silverstone in 2013.

"Unfortunately it was a big one and even more unfortunately I've broken my left hand which resulted in an operation last night to fix it. One of my knuckles disappeared down into my hand and broke it. The good news is though, as there's no point in dwelling on it, I was operated on and with some screws and plates it's all been put back together so I'm already on the mend.

"So then to the bad news, today I had quite a lot of stuff to get through in order to box off our 2014 ideas. I got literally 95% through all of that hence the steady-ish lap times, and then I went and flicked myself, so now all my 2015 work is on the back burner.

"The doctor has said I need a month to heal up and be right which takes me exactly to the first round, but I'm planning on heading back to the UK now to jump in a hyperbaric chamber and get the bones lasered, so I'm hoping that'll increase the healing time considerably.

"I've supposedly got to keep this cast on for two to three weeks, but I'll see what my guy in the UK says and do absolutely everything I possibly can to be ready for the Donington Park test in three weeks. Fingers (well not on my left hand) crossed guys and girls."

For more visit www.shakey.com
04-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Website Find Reply