Milwaukee Yamaha team set to debut new YZF-R1 racer at Spanish test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha team set to debut new YZF-R1 racer at Spanish test
[Image: milwaukeeyam2015.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team will debut the much-anticipated new YZF-R1 in Spain this week when MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title contenders Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes return to the track at an official Yamaha Racing test at Alcarras in Spain.

The team will join the major Yamaha Racing teams at the Spanish test following the recent world launch at the MotoGP team headquarters in Italy, when the new livery was revealed to the world's media.

Brookes is eager to complete the first laps on the Milwaukee Yamaha after experiencing the road bike at the world launch in Australia recently. The Australian, who remains with the team for the second consecutive season, believes the new model could deliver his best opportunity of a title victory.

Fellow Australian contender Parkes will make his full-season debut in the Championship, having scored podium finishes as a wild-card at the Brands Hatch round in 2009. The test will mark the first opportunity for Parkes to ride the new R1 as he prepares for the forthcoming season.

Brookes said:

"This first test can't come soon enough for me. After experiencing the road version of the R1 at the recent world launch back home in Australia, I can't wait to ride the Milwaukee Yamaha race bike. It will be different as it will be in BSB technical specification, but the advancement from Yamaha on power and chassis on the standard road bike make this test really exciting as it will be the first time we experience the real McCoy.

"As a rider you want to achieve your goals, but I won't be putting too much pressure on myself for the first test as it is the first time the bikes will have been run on track - until now they have only been on the dyno. We have lots of checks to make at this initial shakedown and it will be a chance for us to gel with the new Yamaha ready for the official test at Donington Park."

Parkes said:

"I am really looking forward to this test as I haven't ridden a race bike since the end of last season. I have seen a lot of the bike from the recent official launch in Italy and also from the media reviews which have been really positive. Yamaha have put such a huge amount of effort into this project and that is a big boost. I have heard so much great feedback, from last year when I was riding for Yamaha in the World Endurance Championship, through to the recent road tests, so I just can't wait to get started now.

"We have this first shakedown and we are all feeling really positive already. We need to understand the new bike as quickly as possible and work together to be ready for the opening round."

Team manager Mick Shanley commented:

"There has been a huge amount of build up ahead of this season for the team, but we have been looking forward to this test since taking delivery of the new bikes. There has been a lot of hard work behind the scenes and after the glowing reviews of the new model from the recent world launch in Australia, there is big anticipation for this first test.

"We arrive at Alcarras ready to see what our initial hard work has achieved and prepared to take the next initial steps with the new bikes. We have a big development programme ahead of us and we are all eager to see the results when Josh and Broc get on track."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
09-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply