CRUTCHLOW IMPRESSES ON DAY ONE OF FINAL TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW IMPRESSES ON DAY ONE OF FINAL TEST
[Image: lcrhondagplogo.jpg]

The final official MotoGP test of the 2015 pre-season got under way at Losail in Qatar today, with the CWM LCR Honda Team looking to fine-tune their motorcycles before the season proper begins in under two weeks time at the same track in the Gulf state. The opening race in Qatar takes place under floodlights, and although the track was open from 4pm in the afternoon, it wasn’t until the sun had dropped behind the horizon that the hard work could begin in earnest.

Cal Crutchlow arrived at the desert track in fine form, having been third quickest overall at the previous test session in Malaysia, and the Briton’s pace continued to be strong as he set the seventh fastest time of the evening, a 1’55.837.

The 29 year-old worked tirelessly alongside his CWM LCR Honda Team once more as they endeavour to solve the front-end niggles that have become the final piece in the puzzle of his Honda RC213V; a bike he rides for the first time this season.

Crutchlow and the team have another two days of testing at Qatar before the first practice session of the MotoGP World Championship takes place on Thursday March 26th.

Cal Crutchlow #35, 1’55.837 (lap 26 or 38)

“Today was a good day, I felt confident riding and I only used two sets of the four tyres available to us so this is good for the other days. We worked on more of a ‘long-distance’ setting for the bike – we weren’t really looking for a lap-time and I feel confident that we could make the lap time if we really needed it. Tomorrow will be the day we’ll do some longer runs though to go with it.”

“We had to be a bit careful with the track conditions today because between 4pm and 6.30pm the track was too hot, and we’d be wasting tyres. Then from about 10pm the track had a lot of dew on it. We have to be careful of the situation as regards that and just stick to our plan which is to work from seven until ten, which is why we didn’t do as many laps as we wanted. But we’re happy enough.” 
[Image: crutchlowlosailtest1.jpg]
15-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: CRUTCHLOW IMPRESSES ON DAY ONE OF FINAL TEST
I am not a big Crutchlow fan, but I hope the LCR boys get a good result this year.
They work very hard, and always put out a quality effort.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
15-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Find Reply